Ah – the office, an environment where eating right is hard to maintain. Think about it, what are your options if you don’t have any food from home with you? Vending machines? What’s in them – chips, cookies and candy…full of garbage. Sugary snacks are known to spike your energy up and then come crashing down hard while the fat, salt and grease from chips makes you feel bloated and disgusting. One of my personal goals is to find the right snacks that are beneficial to my health and fit perfectly in my 6 small meals-a-day diet. Take some of these options into consideration.
1. Greek Yogurt – Little to no fat and less sugar compared to traditional yogurts. Loaded with protein.
2. Hard-boiled egg – Quick little protein source that has you feeling satisfied.
3. Almonds – Plenty of heart-healthy fat with the right balance of protein and fiber.
4. Oatmeal – Source of complex carbs that control weight, helps lower cholesterol and provides energy.
5. String Cheese – Rich in protein, low calories and a little bit of fat.
6. Edamame – Sold fresh or frozen, packed with protein and rich in fiber and nutrients.
7. Berries – The perfect compliment to greek yogurt. Loaded in Vitamin C and potassium, great for immune system.
8. Hummus – Personal favorite! Perfect for veggies like celery and carrots, made from chickpeas, no saturated fats and has Omega-3 fatty acids.
9. Turkey Sandwich – Have on wheat bread, perfect low-fat small meal full of protein and fiber.
10. Cottage Cheese – Great with fruit, usually low fat and great source of calcium.
11. Avocados – Incredible fruit, loaded with vitamins A, B-Complex, C and E. Also full of Omega-3 fatty acids and so much more.
12. Baked Sweet Potato with Tuna – So delicious! Good source of Vitamins B6, C and D while the Tuna adds protein and Omega-3 fatty acids.
Click here for more healthy snack ideas!
Try some of these ideas out and let me know what you think.
Got some ideas of your own? Leave a comment below!